Steeper Energy’s proprietary technology Hydrofaction™ uses ‘super critical’ chemistry to transform low-energy density organic feedstocks into valuable high-energy density products.
Benefits of Hydrofaction™
Hydrofaction™ can economically convert a variety of low-value organic feedstocks, from non-food biomass through to peat and lignite coal, into liquid fuels.
This can also offer local energy security and/or international export opportunities.
Hydrofaction™ also has many other benefits over conventional and non-conventional oil production:
- High thermal efficiency – no energy used to dry feedstocks prior to conversion.
- Feedstock flexibility – including organic waste, biomass, manures, peat as well as low-grade coals like lignite.
- Product flexibility – as produced, Hydrofaction™ Oil is similar to marine diesel oil and can be upgraded all the way to transport-quality fuels, bio-chemicals and lubricants.
- Water footprint – conserves all water within the system cleaned to irrigation or potable standards.
- Carbon footprint – CO2 produced from the reaction can be captured and sold as a liquid.
- Efficient Capital Deployment -Hydrofaction™ is competitive with other unconventional petroleum options including Oil Sands, Heavy Oil and Shale Oil.
- Competitive – Depending on the feedstock source, production costs including depreciation allowance are competitive with other industry players.